RX-7 Specific Information
From: e. email@example.com
Date: November 24, 1999
I have one installed, it is very simple.
- Remove the kick panel on the passenger side floorboard to get to the ECU.
- Disconnect the plugs going to the ECU (be VERY Careful these would be
VERY expensive to replace) you may want to remove two of the screws on the
ECU to release it so you can get at the plugs better.
- Plug the FCON harness in between the original ECU plugs and the ECU.
- Now, in the engine compartment, find a place on the passengers side to
mount the boost pressure sensor. I used an unused 8mm I think hole on the
side of the strut tower.
Get a "T" fitting and "T" in the hose from the FCON boost pressure sensor to
the same port on the manifold that your boost gauge plugs into. I am
guessing that if you are installing an FCON you must have a boost gauge.
- Now find a place on the firewall to run the boost pressure harness wire
back into the car so that it can plug into the FCON.
- Plug in the boost pressure sensor to the FCON, and route the FCON unit
under the passengers side seat. Cover the harness wires with the floor mat
and you are ready to go. If you have an air fuel meter gauge you should see
that you are getting more fuel at higher boost levels then you were getting.
HKS FCON Manual
HKS FCON SW2 Manual