Headlight Install - C-West
Last updated: April 25, 2004
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 22:45:02 -0700
From: "jhaun11" (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Subject: Re: (rx7)  C-West Headlight Installation
The installation is pretty easy.
But, take heed: Do not run the lights together unless you use a resistor.
You will get uneven power between the two lamps.
I installed mine in the following manner:
- Removed the normal lights (see the headlight removal section of the
- Stuck an Ohms/Electric voltage meter in the connector from the car where
the normal lights plugged in.
- I had a buddy turn the normal lights on. I then switched between rods
until I found where the power was coming from.
- I then had my buddy turn the brights on, and again found which one this
rod was. I labeled both accordingly.
- I then went to O'Riellys Auto store and purchased two (2) trailer
connector thingy-mo-bobs. Basically it has a 4 / or / 6 wire male and
female connectors on it.
- I cut the stock connector off, attached the ground, high, and normal
wires into the female plug.
- Determined which set of lights for normal driving, then attached those
wires into the male end (matching the female accordly... positive to
positive, ground - ground)
- I then did the same process for the high beems.
- Installed the rest of the unit.
- 3 months later I spent 3 hours peeling the damn coating off, because I
origionally wanted to 'preserve' the lights. BIG NONO. Take them off
immediately. Maybe they won't meld to the cover.